logo-responsive
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Joomla 3 and Magic quotes issue

Joomla 3 and Magic quotes issue 7 years 8 months ago #3254

• JC2012
Hello, I will send login info to you via email... meanwhile basic details are ...

attempts to insert image into article appear successful except image does not show after save just image link box,

on some attempts to save, I am getting a permissions error. details to follow in email. any quick clues? thank you
The topic has been locked.

Joomla 3 and Magic quotes issue 7 years 8 months ago #3263

• JohnO
Hello,

I logged in from your frontend and created 2 articles without issues. Test22 test23. When I click save it is re-directing to your old site but articles are saved as I checked in the admin. Note this is not a template issue.

Have you got your joomla install in a folder with an old site. This is probably what is causing the issue with your links. All that should be in your joomla folder is your joomla site and nothing else.

Thanks,
JohnO

Joomla 3 and Magic quotes issue 7 years 8 months ago #3268

• JC2012
Thanks John, apparently not the template indeed. I did a clean install of Joomla! and have recreated same problems on different domain. Apparently something is causing the system to add a back slash every time it sees a quote mark when saving the article so this is messing up paths for links and images. Appreciate your trying, still looking for clues and hoping server admin can find something. Looking forward to making full use of your template. sure is nice!!

Joomla 3 and Magic quotes issue 7 years 8 months ago #3270

• JohnO
Hello JC2012,

Yes indeed there is an issue with some server setups and joomla 3. It has to do with Magic quotes.

Please see the following forum post on joomla.org as it may be of some assistance. forum.joomla.org/viewtopic.php?f=708&t=764426

Thanks,
JohnO

Joomla 3 and Magic quotes issue 7 years 8 months ago #3271

• JC2012
thanks, just reading that now, passed info onto tech, thanks.

Joomla 3 and Magic quotes issue 7 years 8 months ago #3272

• JC2012
magic_quotes_gpc = Off
magic_quotes_runtime = Off
magic_quotes_sybase = Off

added to php.ini did the trick!
Time to create page: 0.966 seconds