Flash Sale. Use code FLASHOCT18 at checkout for 40% Discount!!

logo-responsive
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: How to adjust intensity of moduleclasssuffix "light"?

How to adjust intensity of moduleclasssuffix "light"? 5 months 6 days ago #14469

• wrm
  • Fresh Boarder
Dear support,
i purchased template one (100). I have created 3 modules and assigned them to top -1a top-1b and top-1c with the moduleclasssufix "light".
From testing audience i got the feedback, that the box background is still too dark for them. Is it possible to manually adyust the "light"
gray value with help of a CSS instruction? Is it also possible to set the module windows only to "no opacity"? (Instate of setting the whole
top module wrapper area to no opacity)
The test homepage is currently located at: test.sc-hallwil.ch
Regards WRM
Meanwhile i have found out from other Joomlage Template description that ../css/module-suffix-classes.css is referenceing PNG file
url("../images/suffix-light.png"); So i have tried to modify the color in suffix-light.png with help of ADOBE photoshop CC. However, the
modified color will not be shown on the affected module output. (still light gray as initially suplied by the template)
What else has to be done to modify the "too dark" gray in the "light" option?
Regards WRM
Last Edit: 5 months 4 days ago by wrm. Reason: Additional Informations
The administrator has disabled public write access.

How to adjust intensity of moduleclasssuffix "light"? 4 months 2 weeks ago #14494

• JohnO
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 816
Hello WRM,

Maybe the image you editied is not showing. Maybe the original light image is cached in your browser, in your Joomla install.

You could do the following if you wish.
Add the following css code to the custom css code parameter in the templates styling parameters. Edit the 0.1 value as required. 9 being dark and 1 being light.
.light {
    background-image: none !important;
    background-color: rgba(0,0,0,0.1) !important;
}

Thanks,
JohnO

How to adjust intensity of moduleclasssuffix "light"? 4 months 2 weeks ago #14503

• wrm
  • Fresh Boarder
Hi John, your suggestion is only partly working. Only the border of the "content" and "custom" module are showing the expected "light" gray. The text area is still too dark. There is no problem in the menue module with title "Index". (see test.sc-hallwil.ch ) In the Top Module Block Styling section of the template, i am able to define the color of the title area with help of "module head color" parameter. However there is no equivalent option for the text area! How can i get managed to have the same shade of gray for the border and the text area?
At this occarson i can see that a lot of text space is wasted by several border areas even i have set all possible paddings of the template to zero. (Only exception is the left padding of the title text) How can i decrease the border areas to a amount of approx. 5 Pixels?
If i select module head font ARIAL for the titles, i am not able to get displayed them in bold style. I have to use font "Georgia" to get a bold character style. Independent of font used in the module head, the text is not vertically centered in the menu area. Can you fix this issue too ?
Regards Werner

How to adjust intensity of moduleclasssuffix "light"? 4 months 5 days ago #14538

• JohnO
  • Administrator
Hello Werner,
Thanks for your email.

Only the border of the "content" and "custom" module are showing the expected "light" gray.
There is no problem in the menue module with title "Index". (see test.sc-hallwil.ch ) In the Top Module Block Styling section of the template, i am able to define the color of the title area with help of "module head color" parameter.
However there is no equivalent option for the text area! How can i get managed to have the same shade of gray for the border and the text area?
The text area is still too dark.
ANSWER - It is darker because it is a transparent color sitting ontop of another color. To resolve this you will have to create another class example.
As you want to use the same color grey for all the light areas maybe this is your best option.
Simply create a class called
.mygrey{background-color:#dbdbdb !important} 
and add it to the custom css code. Use this class where ever you want to use the light grey color.
At this occasion i can see that a lot of text space is wasted by several border areas even i have set all possible paddings of the template to zero. (Only exception is the left padding of the title text) How can i decrease the border areas to a amount of approx. 5 Pixels?
ANSWER - This is the style of the template. It makes for a better layout where content does not look cramped. It is a popular look nowadays.
Should you wish to reduce the padding you can use the following class which controls it. Add it to the custom css code parameter and edit the padding property as required. It is currently set to 25px.
.module_padding {
    padding: 25px !important;
}

If i select module head font ARIAL for the titles, i am not able to get displayed them in bold style. I have to use font "Georgia" to get a bold character style. Independent of font used in the module head, the text is not vertically centered in the menu area. Can you fix this issue too ?

ANSWER - Add the following css code to the custom css code parameter to align the titles properly and adjust the titles to bold.
/*adjust the titles alignment*/
.module h3{
    padding-top: 12px !important;
    font-weight: bold !important;	
}

Thanks,
JohnO
The following user(s) said Thank You: wrm

How to adjust intensity of moduleclasssuffix "light"? 2 months 1 week ago #14648

• wrm
  • Fresh Boarder
Thank you John for your help. I was able to get managed the color issues on Joomlage ONE based homepage
and from the given hints i was able to improve some issues on the page . Regards Werner

How to adjust intensity of moduleclasssuffix "light"? 2 months 5 days ago #14651

• JohnO
  • Administrator
Glad to help :)

Thanks,
JohnO
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.185 seconds