logo-responsive
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Using Arcus As Demo - Arcus Template Is Being Deleting During Joomla Setup - Why?

Using Arcus As Demo - Arcus Template Is Being Deleting During Joomla Setup - Why? 5 months 14 minutes ago #14587

• spicket
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
I've done this a few times. One time it worked and I have a working site on the .com domain which I'm tailoring. I also have a dot net domain, and am going to be having my associate learn Joomla with it as a sample. However I'm not sure how I got the demo up and running - twice now when I unzip and run the Joomla Setup, and follow the Joomlage pdf instructions, I get a Joomla site that's missing the Arcus template. I'm lucky it worked once. I'm surprised Joomla would actually delete a template from its install. Any idea how I can avoid this happening?
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Using Arcus As Demo - Arcus Template Is Being Deleting During Joomla Setup - Why? 4 months 4 weeks ago #14588

• JohnO
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 825
Hello,

During the quickstart install process make sure you select Default sample data as the sample data installed. If you do not select it then the template and demo content will not be installed. This sounds like the issue you are having.

Thanks,
JohnO

Using Arcus As Demo - Arcus Template Is Being Deleting During Joomla Setup - Why? 4 months 4 weeks ago #14590

• spicket
  • Fresh Boarder
That's most likely true, thanks!
One other question: There are certain fields that are formatted absolutely perfectly for me on this demo (Thanks!). However, a couple are not generated or part of modules that I understand how to access. I'm kind of a simpleton when it comes to Joomla I guess.

1) On the first page of the Arcus demo it says in large letters, Create With Arcus Template. I want to use this text formatted exactly like this. But I can't figure out where it is generated or how to edit the phrase. (For all I know it is actually in an Article, or could be contained in the site's Joomla or non-Joomla html or generated content out of xml/html/php/MySQL/js). I guess in a way its unfortunate that a look of my site is the most critical thing, but I'm hoping I can use the Arcus look to convey what I want.

2) On the bottom, there is a footer with copyright into. For the life of me when I check footers in the template I am not finding the right part to edit.

It would help me in my learning/discovery process if I understood how all these 2 items of content are generated and wonder if I could pay hourly for a "peek behind" via phone.

Using Arcus As Demo - Arcus Template Is Being Deleting During Joomla Setup - Why? 4 months 3 weeks ago #14607

• JohnO
  • Administrator
Hello Spicket,
1) On the first page of the Arcus demo it says in large letters, Create With Arcus Template. I want to use this text formatted exactly like this. But I can't figure out where it is generated or how to edit the phrase. (For all I know it is actually in an Article, or could be contained in the site's Joomla or non-Joomla html or generated content out of xml/html/php/MySQL/js). I guess in a way its unfortunate that a look of my site is the most critical thing, but I'm hoping I can use the Arcus look to convey what I want.
This is simply some text in a html module. To access it do the following.
1: Login to your Joomla administration
2: Click on Extensions >> Modules.
3: Do a search for Slogan top.
4: You can simply edit the text to your liking.
2) On the bottom, there is a footer with copyright into. For the life of me when I check footers in the template I am not finding the right part to edit.
You can simply edit this text in the template styling parameters. Click on the template style and you will see all the styling options. Click on the COPYRIGHT/FOOTER STYLING tab. Scroll until you see the copyright text. Edit as required.

Thanks,
JohnO
Last Edit: 4 months 3 weeks ago by JohnO.

Using Arcus As Demo - Arcus Template Is Being Deleting During Joomla Setup - Why? 4 months 2 weeks ago #14619

• spicket
  • Fresh Boarder
Really appreciate this free help. Have a beautiful weekend.
The following user(s) said Thank You: JohnO

Using Arcus As Demo - Arcus Template Is Being Deleting During Joomla Setup - Why? 4 months 6 days ago #14640

• JohnO
  • Administrator
You are welcome.

Thanks,
JohnO
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.176 seconds