Flash Sale. Use code FLASHOCT18 at checkout for 40% Discount!!

logo-responsive
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: joomlage0113-motion: How to publish a language selection on the left or right of the logo? (solved)

joomlage0113-motion: How to publish a language selection on the left or right of the logo? (solved) 3 weeks 6 days ago #15055

• hobbykochma@web.de
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 4
Hello all together,

One question related to joomlage0113-motion:

I am trying to add a language selection on top of the slideshow. For the slideshow I used position “showcase”.

For the language selection I choose already several places. But I failed to find a position which is displaying the language selection on top of the slideshow. Best would be to have this selection right or left to the logo.
How can I achieve this? Which position can I use for that purpose?

Thanks for a hint.

Best Regards

Frank
The administrator has disabled public write access.

joomlage0113-motion: How to publish a language selection on the left or right of the logo? (solved) 3 weeks 6 days ago #15058

• JohnO
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 823
Hello Frank,

There is a position in the header called custom I would use that for your language module. You can see all the module positions in the template here -
demos.joomlage.com/joomlage_0113/index.p...res/module-positions
Thanks,
JohnO
Last Edit: 3 weeks 6 days ago by JohnO.

joomlage0113-motion: How to publish a language selection on the left or right of the logo? (solved) 3 weeks 6 days ago #15062

• hobbykochma@web.de
  • Fresh Boarder
Hello John,
Thanks for your quick reply.
Custom is perfect. But nothing is happening when trying to select a language? Do I need to code something in addition?
When using the location "showcase" everything worked fine.
You can try this out here: www.reisenhofer.de/index.php/de/ (with Google Chrome :-))
Best Regards
Frank

joomlage0113-motion: How to publish a language selection on the left or right of the logo? (solved) 3 weeks 11 hours ago #15076

• JohnO
  • Administrator
Hello Frank,

Please add the following css code to the custom css code field in the templates styling parameters.
#custom {
    z-index: 2000 !important;
}

Example of where you place the code

Thanks,
JohnO

joomlage0113-motion: How to publish a language selection on the left or right of the logo? (solved) 2 weeks 1 day ago #15095

• hobbykochma@web.de
  • Fresh Boarder
Hello John,
Thanks for your hint and sorry for the late reply. I was busy during the last days.
It is still not working.
As you can see on www.reisenhofer.de/index.php/en the language selection does not work when assigning it to position "custom". But when assigning it to position "showcase" it is working perfectly.
I did the changes as suggested by you. View attachment for more details.
Do you have an idea, why it might still not work?
Best Regards
Frank
Attachments:

joomlage0113-motion: How to publish a language selection on the left or right of the logo? (solved) 2 weeks 1 day ago #15099

• JohnO
  • Administrator
Hello Frank,

It is working fine here for me.
It is more than likely that the old code is cached in your browser. To clear the cache in your browser simple press F5 or CTRL-R.

Thanks,
JohnO
Time to create page: 0.351 seconds