logo-responsive
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Editing layout (width and menu's) in blog

Editing layout (width and menu's) in blog 2 months 1 week ago #15913

• Xaleah
  • Fresh Boarder
Hello!

i'm looking to get more out of my blog, i have no experience with blogging or building a blog at all, so i'm abit in the dark.
I'd like to do the following:

- Reduce the width of my blog posts (to say, 700 px.) on the page tezartdesign.eu/index.php/blogging but keep the width of the menu as it is. I would like to keep the size of the actual posts when you click through to the whole article the size it is now, but it's no big deal if that can't be done or is a pain to achieve (i'm no coder and my technical skills are so-so).
- I'd like to create abit of a layout for my individual posts the same way it's done on www.sfeerblad.nl (i know this is part of a wordpress website). Can i achieve that? It doesn't need to be exact, but as i make many different kinds of art, my blogpage (with the different listed articles) tends to become abit messy. I feel that some more space in between or a block around each post would help a great deal. How can i achieve that?
- And i'd like to add some sort of menu on the left or right where i can add categories, popular posts etc. But i honestly have no clue how. I thought there might be something wrong with the layout itself as i can't change the size, the layout or even remove side column A and B in the template styling,

Hope you can help me out! Forgive me for my, (likely stupid) questions, i may have managed to build that website myself but logics and technical things combined with me is like putting salt and spoiled milk in your morning's coffee.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Editing layout (width and menu's) in blog 2 months 3 days ago #15927

• Xaleah
  • Fresh Boarder
Didn't manage to solve this one yet, does anyone have some feadback for me?

Thanks!

Editing layout (width and menu's) in blog 2 months 3 days ago #15931

• JohnO
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 866
- Reduce the width of my blog posts (to say, 700 px.) on the page tezartdesign.eu/index.php/blogging but keep the width of the menu as it is. I would like to keep the size of the actual posts when you click through to the whole article the size it is now, but it's no big deal if that can't be done or is a pain to achieve (i'm no coder and my technical skills are so-so).
- I'd like to create abit of a layout for my individual posts the same way it's done on www.sfeerblad.nl (i know this is part of a wordpress website). Can i achieve that? It doesn't need to be exact, but as i make many different kinds of art, my blogpage (with the different listed articles) tends to become abit messy. I feel that some more space in between or a block around each post would help a great deal. How can i achieve that?
I do not provide support for template customisation as its not feasible. Support is only provided where errors arise in the existing template design or for small css fixes.
- And i'd like to add some sort of menu on the left or right where i can add categories, popular posts etc. But i honestly have no clue how. I thought there might be something wrong with the layout itself as i can't change the size, the layout or even remove side column A and B in the template styling,
On what page of your site are you trying to achieve this? Please post a link.

Thanks,
JohnO

Editing layout (width and menu's) in blog 1 month 2 weeks ago #15952

• Xaleah
  • Fresh Boarder
Ah thanks, so if i understand right there is no other way to change the layout of www.tezartdesign.eu/index.php/blogging other then the order of which the different posts are orientated. I can't add whitespace in between two posts or around them. Right?

The second question is for the same page, i would like to have some sort of menu where people can quickly see my latest post, most popular post and maybe some categories.

Thanks alot!

Editing layout (width and menu's) in blog 1 month 2 weeks ago #15953

• JohnO
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 866
You can simply create a new module of type Articles - Latest and put it in side col a or side col b position in the template. Under the menu assignment in the module choose the menu items where you want the module to appear. EXAMPLE - Your blog menu item.

Thanks,
JohnO
Time to create page: 0.206 seconds