logo-responsive
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Sketch - Some fonts too large in Kunena on mobile devices

Sketch - Some fonts too large in Kunena on mobile devices 3 months 1 week ago #16022

• Ratman
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 2
Hi @ all.
I'm using the "Sketch" template on my Joomla site "roguewatches.de". Some users keep complaining that my forum (Kunena with the "Blue Eagle 5" template) looks odd on mobile devices. Please see the following two examples:
This is what it looks like on an iPad, everything looks well, just like on a normal PC display

But on smaller devices, such as an iPhone 6, some texts grow very big and don't fit anymore, also the pagination wents out of bounds

Any hint how to fix this? If I select any other site template, everything is fine. Where can I define a smaller text size for this?

Thanks a lot for your great template and your support.

Kind regards,
Tom
Last Edit: 3 months 1 week ago by Ratman.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Sketch - Some fonts too large in Kunena on mobile devices 3 months 1 week ago #16024

• JohnO
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 872
Hello Tom.

Are you seeing any issue using the template with Porstar (Joomla default template?)

Option 1
Kunena uses its own css styling. You should have the option to edit it in the Kunena extensions options. See image below.

Option 2
Add your own custom css to the custom css code parameter in the sketch templates parameters.

The following might help you out. The issue is currently caused by Kunena css and not Joomlage css.
Copy and paste the following css into the custom css code parameter of the Sketch template. You can edit the max width to set when the media query takes effect. I have it currently set to 770px. This means it will run for screen sizes below 770px.
@media only screen and (max-width: 770px) {
#kunena.layout span.kmsgtitle, #kunena.layout span.kmsgtitle-new {
    font-size: .6em !important;
}
}

Hope this helps.
Thanks,
JohnO
Last Edit: 3 months 1 week ago by JohnO.

Sketch - Some fonts too large in Kunena on mobile devices 3 months 1 week ago #16032

• Ratman
  • Fresh Boarder
Dear John.

Thanks a lot, this works well for me. Many thanks for your kind support!

Kind regards,
Tom
The following user(s) said Thank You: JohnO

Sketch - Some fonts too large in Kunena on mobile devices 3 months 4 days ago #16037

• JohnO
  • Administrator
You are welcome Tom.

Thanks,
JohnO
The following user(s) said Thank You: Ratman

Sketch - Some fonts too large in Kunena on mobile devices 1 month 1 week ago #16101

• Ratman
  • Fresh Boarder
Hi.
My moderators told me about some additional issues on some mobile devices. Maybe you have a fix for this:
  1. On an iPhone 6/7/8 in landscape mode the date and time in Kunena is displayed too big

• On an iPad or iPad Pro (10.5 inch, portrait and landscape mode) the text is cut-off by the box

This does not happen on the bigger iPad Pro with 12.9 inch display. It does only happen for users with moderator- or admin rights when those additional moderator-buttons appear. For normal users everything is fine. It seems the buttons are too big. I already discussed this in the kunena support forum, but the devs think it is an issue with the site template

• Thank you very much in advance for your help.

Kind regards,
    Tom
    Last Edit: 1 month 1 week ago by Ratman.

Sketch - Some fonts too large in Kunena on mobile devices 1 month 1 week ago #16104

• JohnO
    • Administrator
    You should be able to diagnose whats causing the issues by using the developer tools in your browser. This will let you see what css is applied to what and find a solution from there.

I do not design templates specifically for Kunena so this is why these issues are arising for you.
    Have you tried using the default Joomla template Prostar on your site to see if the issues still arise?

If you can email me an administrator login for the kunena forum I will check and see can I find a solution. Note: I will not be able to test it on iphone or ipad pro 12.5

Thanks,
    JohnO
    • Page:
    Time to create page: 0.225 seconds