Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: hornav edit main menu

hornav edit main menu 7 years 7 months ago #235

• Hector
  • Fresh Boarder
Hello
I have a few questions regarding the hornav main menu and template size.
I'm working on a website for a client and will be purchasing the design canvas template as soon as the client approves the design.

Q1 How can I edit the width of each menu item, there will only be four menu items and I would like them to be evenly spaced along the width of the menu bar.

Q2 I would also like to make the overall width of the layout 900px, but when I make changes to the CSS files it shift the logo and header; I cant seem to find the right CSS style to edit the container or wrapper to the size I want..

Thanks Hec...
www.indiodesigns.com/portfolio/
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: hornav edit main menu 7 years 7 months ago #243

• JohnO
Hello Hector,

To edit the width of each menu item increase the padding value left and right (padding is currently 14px). See code below. The css is located on line 147 of the nexus.css
#hornav ul a, #hornav .separator {
    display: block;
    font-weight: bold;
    margin-bottom: 0;
    padding: 0 14px;
    text-decoration: none;
    z-index: 9999;
}

To edit the wrapper width to 900px you can do the following.

Add the following code to your custom css code template parameter
.wrapper960{
width:900px;
}

Re: hornav edit main menu 7 years 7 months ago #254

• Hector
  • Fresh Boarder
Hi JohnO, :)

Thanks for your help, I was able to fix the issues I had with my main menu..
But I have two more things I would like to change, one is the centering of the image slide show its positioned to the right and if I didn't know any better looks like there to instances of the same module overlapped on top of one another??

Two I would like to add content in the middle of the home page, but none of the content that I apply will allocate the space not sure why here's the url to the page; would like to fill the middle (component area) with content??

www.indiodesigns.com/portfolio/

Hec....

Re: hornav edit main menu 7 years 7 months ago #263

• JohnO
Have you edited any of the php files included with the template?

Thanks,
JohnO

Re: hornav edit main menu 7 years 7 months ago #264

• Hector
  • Fresh Boarder
Yes I added a default php file because I was getting an error massage at the end of my articles, I can't remember what the error was; after adding the code the error msg went away...Do you think that's why??

I have tried to attach the file not sure if it worked can't see it in the add file window, let me know if you got it I can email it to you Thanks....
Last Edit: 7 years 7 months ago by JohnO.

Re: hornav edit main menu 7 years 7 months ago #265

• JohnO
Hello,

As I cannot replicate the issue you are having I would recommend downloading and installing again to see if it resolves whats happening. Make sure you turn off any modules or extensions you may have installed to try and diagnose what might be causing the issue on your Joomla installation.

Thanks,
JohnO
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.131 seconds